Whats the correlation between the hours spent on the phone to the average hours of sleep received a night?
– Statement of Task
– For my statement of task I will be presenting my topic and explaining why I chose it. Im extremely curious about my topic because it has acted as such a controversial subject. Im genuinely curious on how one affects the other. To find my data i will be conducting a survey and running the information through some tests. These tests will help me come to a conclusion for my question.
– Data Collection
– Running my survey
– 123 responses,for age, gender, hours on phone, hours asleep
Averages: most useful, using percentages to find see which options are most popular
Scatter Plot: no correlation
Pearsons CC : A value of 0 indicates that there is no association between the two variables. A value greater than 0 indicates a positive association; that is, as the value of one variable increases, so does the value of the other variable. STILL NEED TO DO TEST
Chi-square: The chi-squared test is used to determine whether there is a significant difference between the expected frequencies and the observed frequencies in one or more categories. STILL NEED TO DO TEST
– Interpretation of Results
– No correlation
– STILL NEED TO DO TESTS
– Link to the statement of task clearly
– Question my sources and data, could there be a flaw in the tested group? In the data calculation?