Biology, as applied to the study of brain functions, is an important part of understanding behavior. Learning the anatomy of the brain, the nervous system, and the endocrine system provides a person in the field of mental health with a basis for researching and treating disorders. In this weeks assessment, you look at the biological aspects of a neurological, psychological, or neurodevelopmental disorder.
you have been asked to write a research article on the biological and biochemical aspects of a specific mental disorder for publication in a psychological journal.
Select and research a mental disorder that falls into one of the following categories of disorders:
- Identify common symptoms associated with the disorder.
- Describe the neurophysiological underpinnings of the disorder.
- Provide 3 therapeutic interventions used to treat the disorder, and describe how each treatment helps to reduce or manage the symptoms of the disorder.
- Examine contemporary attitudes toward the 3 treatments you selected.
- Based on your research, identify an evidence-based approach to treating the disorder.